Everyone who identifies with the aims and objectives of JAWS is welcomed as a member. Membership in JAWS offers an opportunity to connect with anthropologists working on a wide range of topics related to the anthropology and ethnography of Japan. Benefits of membership include the JAWS Newsletter (electronically posted at this website), membership to a mailing list (listserv), access to the JAWS internet tools and databases, and participation at JAWS conferences that meet roughly every 18 months. Membership also includes a 70 percent discount on all hardback books in the JAWS/Routledge series.
We have instituted a Lifetime Membership for only £25 / €30 / $40 / ¥4000.
Members who have paid up to 2013 or 2014 are now life members with immediate effect. Members who paid only once so far or paid up until 2011 or 2012 have to contribute Euro 10 to become life members.
Life Membership terminates for the following reasons:
- when a member asks for the membership to terminate
- if a member should use the facilities to damage the reputation of JAWS. A decision about termination of membership will be taken by the officers.
This is a three step process.
- First, click on the Payment Button below to send your one-time payment through a secured channel via Paypal or Credit Card.
- If you are a new member, or an existing member needing to update your membership information, please click on the Membership Form, then fill it out and submit it by email to the JAWS Treasurer at the address listed in the form. This will ensure that we have your correct information for the newsletter and other benefits.
- To ensure that you receive e-mails through the JAWS mailing list, please send an e-mail to:
email@example.com In the subject line, please put the command SUBSCRIBE JAWS. If you have any questions, please contact the list manager, John Traphagan, with your updated address.