The Japan Anthropology Workshop (JAWS) is an international academic association concerned with furthering the field of anthropology of Japan. We welcome new members from all over the world; click the ‘Joining JAWS’ link above for more information.
JAWS holds major conferences – some in conjunction with the European Association for Japanese Studies (EAJS) – as well as smaller workshops and seminars. It runs a website and issues a newsletter. JAWS publishes selected works on Japan anthropology in partnership with Routledge.
- Studying Japan: Handbook of Research Designs, Fieldwork and Methods 25th January 2021
- UPCOMING 30th JAWS CONFERENCE 23rd January 2021
- [Second Call for Panels and Papers] Upcoming 30th JAWS Conference 23rd January 2021
- [Special Issue] Vulnerable Populations Under COVID-19 in Japan; The Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus 23rd January 2021
- An Affair with a Village 19th January 2021
- Beyond Kawaii: Studying Japanese Femininities at Cambridge 11th January 2021
- Jane Cobbi – Obituary 10th November 2020
- Urban Migrants in Rural Japan 4th August 2020
- Women Managers in Neoliberal Japan 3rd August 2020
- Family-Run Universities in Japan 3rd August 2020